Wednesday, October 14, 2009

We Interrupt Marching Band Posts....

to go back to a very important summer event -> the arrival of Peanut!

There are lots of summer events to catch up on but this one is most important.  He is the son of my sister, Shantel, and her husband, Joe.

Peanut arrived on 7/16 at 5:42 am,
weighing in at 8 lb. 6 oz and 20.75 inches long
 
My mom, Joe's mom, Joe's sister, and a couple of Shantel's friends were able to be there with them during the birth!  I came up for the weekend right afterwards.  Shantel and Peanut came home from the hospital that Saturday, July 18th.  I've got a few pictures from that day.  (The roses were from Joe.)



Hanging out with Joe's sister - a lot of visitors came by that weekend.
 

They came to Nashville for a visit during the weekend of 8/14 - 8/16.  We all attended the Bruce Ware conference on parenting at our church Friday night and Saturday morning, the WCBC Chicken dinner and Radio Hour on Saturday night and then church and lunch with friends at Pie in the Sky on Sunday.

Here are a couple of pictures of Peanut with his Aunt and Uncle taken during lunch on Sunday.




P.S. "Peanut" is one of the nicknames they were talking about using for him.  (See his bib!)  Not sure if they landed on a nickname but, as already know, I don't post kids names on this blog so I'm going to use "Peanut" for their son.  If they decide to go with another nickname, I'll switch to that one. :)

No comments: